Welcome to J9 Crop Insurance
The expert staff at J9 Crop Insurance are dedicated to making sure your crops and your business is protected from the unexpected. J9 Crop Insurance has been providing crop insurance in Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska since 1997.
History of Crop Insurance
Congress first authorized Federal crop insurance in the 1930s along with other initiatives to help agriculture recover from the combined effects of the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl. The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) was created in 1938 to carry out the program. Initially, the program was started as an experiment, and crop insurance activities were mostly limited to major crops in the main producing areas. Crop insurance remained an experiment until passage of the Federal Crop Insurance Act of 1980.
Selecting a link below will provide detailed product information.
- Actual Production History — APH provides comprehensive protection against weather-related causes of loss and certain other unavoidable perils.
- Adjusted Gross Revenue & AGR-Lite — AGR and AGR-Lite provide protection against low farm revenue due to unavoidable causes.
- Crop / Hail — Crop / Hail coverage provides protection against any yield reductions caused by hail and/or fire. More information on Crop-Hail Endorsements can be found under Private Products & Endorsements.
- Group Risk Income Protection — GRIP is an area-based revenue insurance program that provides insurance protection against widespread loss of revenue in a county.
- Livestock Gross Margin — LGM provides protection for Swine, Cattle and Dairy against the loss of gross margin, which is based on the difference between the market value of the livestock or milk minus the feed costs.
- Livestock Risk Protection — LRP provides protection for swine, cattle and lambs against declining livestock prices if the price, as specified in the policy, drops below the producer’s selected coverage price.
- Pasture, Rangeland, Forage, and Apiculture Rainfall Index | Vegetation Index — PRF and API insures against widespread loss of production of the insured crop in a designated area called a grid.
- Prevented Planting Coverage — PP provides a payment to growers when they are unable to plant crops due to an insurable cause, including weather-related perils and drought.
- Revenue Protection — RP provides comprehensive protection for crops through a dollar guarantee.
- Yield Protection — YP provides protection against a production loss for crops for which revenue protection is available but was not selected.